Heavy - Duty Construction - 5 to 125 tons
Shell & Tube "Chiller-Barrels" featuring heavy-walled 3/4" OD enhanced tubing and ring cover construction for ease of service.
- Shells - Steel pipe to ASME specification. Shells are shot blasted and cleaned prior to assembly.
- Tubes - Copper high performance enhanced design, roller expanded into multiple-grooved tube sheet.
- Tube sheet - Flange quality steel to ASME specifications. Precision machined for excellent sealing.
- Baffles - Hot-rolled steel for enhanced strength and reliability. Engineered for correct fit to reduce tube wall damage from high velocity fluids.
- Heads - Fabricated to ASME specifications using steel ring and cover design with superior gas distribution.
- Connections - Fluid connections 3" IPS and smaller terminate as MPT type. Fluid connections 4" IPS and larger terminate in 150 Lb. ANSI raised face. refrigerant connections are steel and bored to ODS of copper tubing. Thermowell, vent and drain are provided.
- Codes - The refrigerant side is constructed to the latest edition of the ASME Section VIII Div. 1 code and stamped accordingly. Refrigerant side pressure is designed for 250 PSI at 100ºF. Shell side design pressure is 150 PSI at 120ºF. Both circuits are tested at 1.25 times the design pressure under water and dried prior to sealing.
- Finish - Exterior surfaces are cleaned and painted with a medium gray enamel paint.
- Insulation - Single thickness of 3/4" Armaflex insulation included.
Nominal tons capacity based on 12,000 BTUH per ton, 44° leaving water temperature, 10° range with R-22 service at 35° evaporating temperature. Comprehensive rating tables are available for R-22, R-134a and R-404a. Capacity includes 0.00025 additive fouling, 0.0005 total fouling factor.